Post-genesis inflation

Initially we wanted to setup up bounds on the inflation parameters in the whitepaper, but decided to let community decide becasue it is not trivial

We need to decide taking into account the following constraints of the initial distribution scheme:

• Which percent of drop to Ethereum, Cosmos and Urbit will be claimed?
  • Which percent of THC will be staked for receiving CYB?
  • Which percent of CYB will be bonded for consensus?

Depending on this assumptions the amount of tokens generated after Genesis can significantly fluctuate.

In general our thinking is that we want to dilute Genesis participants 5 times in 25 years because validators will need significant investments into computing infrastructure

1 Like

It would be interesting to know what distribution will turn out if you distribute the drop now.
I also know little about Urbit. How many coin holders are there and will they not get too many CYB? Perhaps you need to reduce the drop for them.

It would be interesting to know what distribution will turn out if you distribute the drop now

What do you mean?

I also know little about Urbit. How many coin holders are there and will they not get too many CYB? Perhaps you need to reduce the drop for them.

Urbit is a big community and there are somewhat 1k hackers in the universe which is comparable to Cosmos. Also given that 1 galaxy is capped around $1M place Urbit at the same grade as Cosmos community also.

I mean, the current balances of these coins are known. Therefore, you can calculate how many coins their holders will receive and how many wallets there will be that receive a lot of tokens. I do not think that the distribution of these coins will change much. I do not think that it is good if the whales of these coins get a lot. For example, much more than the validator can earn during all the testnet.

I do not think that it is good if the whales of these coins get a lot

We do not think either. That is the reason why we compute square root of the balances. Details of the drop can be found here

1 Like